How We Started
Strategies Direct was formed in 2008 by Jenni Murphy-Scanlon. Drawing on her experience in Learning and Development, Human Resources and Organisational Development roles, she wanted to assist organisations to become the vision they had defined for themselves through strategic alignment of activities and a highly productive and motivated workforce.
And if organisations hadn't worked out their vision yet, she wanted to assist them to do that too!
The Advisory arm of Strategies Direct operates from Hamilton in the beautiful Waikato in the North Island of New Zealand, with most advisory services available nationwide in New Zealand. However global support is available through an ever-growing range of e-products.
One of the first major contracts awarded to Strategies Direct in 2009 included a fixed term coaching programme with some senior managers. It became apparent that the most urgent need of these managers was to be able to think strategically and show their boss that they could do so. Jenni found very little practical help for teaching people to think strategically, and under time pressure, she set about developing her own system. Drawing on years of training and experience in developing leaders, and thinking about those considered strategic or not strategic in other organisations, she developed a model for strategic thinking by those working within organisations. The model was so successful that a refined version has now become a key product of the company!
Most of the strategic thinking products and services are offered in electronic form globally. Wherever you are in the world you can benefit from our experience.
Strategies Direct is now proud to support a global database of professionals, managers, business owners and others who are interested in strategic thinking and maximising their career or business potential. A complimentary monthly e-newsletter goes out to all those on the database and this includes special offers only available to the database. Sign up here for a complimentary report and ongoing updates via our e-newsletter.
B.Bus, Adv. Dip Mgt, MNZATD
Jenni has 25 years experience in people and business management including:
- Developing and implementing strategic business plans
- Coaching managers
- Recruiting and selecting a range of roles
- Bringing dysfunctional teams back to productivity
- Establishing and managing succession planning programmes
- Developing leadership programmes
- Managing the HR function
- Designing learning and development programmes
- Leading change projects
- Leading extensive organisation development projects
Jenni has worked with:
- Professional services teams
- Call centres
- Small to medium businesses
- Not-for profits
- Is a professional member of the NZ Association for Training and Development
- Holds a Bachelor of Business, an Advanced Diploma in Management and an Advanced Certificate in Adult Teaching
- Has 18 years experience in developing and delivering training on a wide range of topics, from technical to generic
- Is a qualified mentor and mentor trainer with the NZ Centre for Notational Analysis
- Is qualified with Saville Holdsworth Ltd to assess and give feedback on a range of psychometric tests, questionnaires and group assessments
- Is trained and experienced in competency-based interviewing and referee interviewing techniques
- Has served as Chairperson and President on Not-for-Profit boards